Sean O’Conaill Reality 2010
This series sets out to explain how I came to understand the problem of human fallibility in terms of our chronic uncertainty about our own value.
- Dealing with the Darkness – How and why, as a teacher of history and current affairs, I came to a conclusion about the central human problem in 1994 – our tendency to climb.
- The Human Problem – Why we tend to come unstuck – our chronic inability to value ourselves as we are.
- Vanity and Humility – Wanting to be ‘the greatest’ – a major source of conflict. And the one who taught us to try to be the least.
- Contagious Desire – How and why we ‘catch’ desires from others, and why we need to be aware of this problem.
- Abba – How Jesus reveals God’s compassion for our deepest failing.